On October 5, 2017 Parks Forestry and Recreation held a public consultation to learn more about proposed Playground and Waterplay improvements for Lithuania Park. No specific design plans were shown at the meeting. The preliminary presentation depicted themes and equipment choices to assist the community in providing feedback about their playground and waterplay preferences. The main areas of discussion were:
- Types of elements and features are important to residents.
- Styles of equipment Traditional, Contemporary or Natural (please see example photos).
- The current waterplay area consists of a wading pool. Two options/alternatives were offered:
- To keep and enhance the existing wading pool.
- Remove the wading pool and put in a splash pad on the existing footprint. Splash pads do not require City staff to be in attendance. Since the timing of water elements can be programmed the hours of operation can be extended from 9 am - 8:30 pm and operational from May to October. Wading pools require a City Staff person to be in attendance and are open from late June to labour day in September.
A Comment Form was handed out at the meeting and we would greatly appreciate getting your input on these questions. Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com.