February 2018 Update
After the December 2017 Consultation, resident input led to a concept plan and to the selection of these splash pad and playground designs. The final design may vary slightly from what is shown in these renderings
December 12, 2017 Public Consultation
On December 12, 2017, Parks, Forestry and Recreation held a second public consultation meeting on the proposed Playground and Waterplay improvements for Lithuania Park.
A series of panels showed the proposed new accessible pathway along with choices for playground equipment and splash pad features.
October 5, 2017 Public Consultation
On October 5, 2017 Parks Forestry and Recreation held a public consultation to learn more about proposed Playground and Waterplay improvements for Lithuania Park. No specific design plans were shown at the meeting. The preliminary presentation depicted themes and equipment choices to assist the community in providing feedback about their playground and waterplay preferences. The main areas of discussion were:
- Types of elements and features are important to residents.
- Styles of equipment Traditional, Contemporary or Natural (please see example photos).
- The current waterplay area consists of a wading pool. Two options/alternatives were offered:
- To keep and enhance the existing wading pool.
- Remove the wading pool and put in a splash pad on the existing footprint. Splash pads do not require City staff to be in attendance. Since the timing of water elements can be programmed the hours of operation can be extended from 9 am - 8:30 pm and operational from May to October. Wading pools require a City Staff person to be in attendance and are open from late June to labour day in September.