Councillor Sarah Doucette and the City of Toronto present:
Ward 13 Community Environment Day
Saturday, April 16, 2016
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
City Parking Lot, 2001 Lake Shore Blvd. (east of Ellis Ave.)
Reuse, Recycle and Safely Dispose
Do your part to create a cleaner, greener and more liveable Toronto.
Bring used of unwanted household items to Community Environment Day.
Toronto Water will be on site to help residents learn more about programs that will help you conserve water and save money.
We'll be accepting:
· Cell phones
· Small electronics, small TVs and computer components
· Printers, inkjet and laser printers, fax machines
· Household hazardous waste
· Fluorescent lightbulbs
· Unused medications
· Oils, solvents, pesticides
· Propane tanks
· Old batteries
Pick-Up for Free:
· Green Bin and Kitchen Container (with proof of new residency in the last 90 days or in exchange for a damaged bin)
· Leaf compost (limit one cubic metre per household)
Donate to Schools for Reuse:
· Yarn, knitting needles and sewing notions
· Children's books, musical instruments
· CD's, CD cases, 35mm cameras
· Costume jewellery, old watches
· Arts and craft supplies
· Corks, cork boards and clip boards
· Dress-up clothing (costumes, dresses, uniforms)
Donate for Reuse:
· Sporting goods
· Books (excluding high school/university curriculum books)
· Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids
· Small household items (dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, games)
· Textiles in good conditions (clothing, linens)
· Non-perishable food items for the food bank
Please ensure all donated items are in good condition
Please do not bring: construction waste, gasoline, garbage, wood, audio cassettes, commercial/industrial hazardous waste and scrap metal.
New this year:
Used Bicycle Drive with Morning Glory Cycling Club
Donate used, complete bicycles for refurbishing. My office is teaming up with the Morning Glory Cycling Club to support the MGCC/Gears Annual Bike Drive, now in its 5th year. With the support of Gears Bike Shop, MGCC has helped donate hundreds of refurbished bicycles to communities in need across the GTA. Last year our office helped connect MGCC and Gears to our very own TCHC Communities in our ward.
Free Document Shredding
Bring your old bills, bank and credit card statements and other personal documents and have them shredded.
VHS Cassette Drive
Get rid of those old VHS tapes and help a local man set a Guinness record for tape-ripping in support of Cardio Obstructive Pulmonary Disease research (tape components will then be recycled)
“Please Slow Down” Signs
City-produced, free lawn signs will be available for pick-up.
Community Environment Day is hosted by your City Councillor, Sarah Doucette and the City of Toronto's Live Green program in partnership with Orangedrop.