Development in Ward 13
As the City continues to grow, so does Ward 13. A number of residents have asked questions about what part residents can play in regards to development. I always want to hear from residents regarding any proposal. If you have a comment or concern please contact my office.
Please see the map below for information about specific developments in the Ward. Scroll in on the map with your mouse to find the letter and address of a development, then click the corresponding address in the list under the map.
For information on PLAYGROUND AND PARKS REVITALIZATION, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
U 111 Pacific Ave (Minto)
V 35 High Park Ave (Great West Life)
X 406 Keele Street
Completed & Occupied Developments
Planning Studies in Ward 13
Click on the project titles below to learn more about planning studies in Ward 13:
Baby Point Heritage Conservation District (HCD) Study
Bloor West Village Heritage Conservation District (HCD) Study
Visit the City's website to learn more about Heritage Conservation Districts
Bloor West Village Avenue Study
Additional Planning Resources
I have compiled a list of Planning FAQs based on what we have heard from residents, with input from City Staff. For more useful information on planning in Toronto check out the links below:
- Toronto City Planning
- Avenues and Mid-Rise Buildings Study
- In June 2016, Council approved a revised Mid-Rise Building Performance Standards Addendum to use together with the 2010 approved Mid-Rise Building Performance Standards in the preparation of area studies or during the evaluation of development applications where mid-rise buildings are proposed and the Performance Standards are applicable.
- Committee of Adjustment
- Ontario Municipal Board (OMB)
- Toronto Local Appeal Body (TLAB)
- The Toronto Local Appeal Body (TLAB) is an independent quasi-judicial tribunal established through the City of Toronto Act. TLAB, which was recently introduced in 2017, provides an independent public forum for settling land-use disputes related to Committee of Adjustment appeal applications under Sections 45 (minor variance) and 53 (consents/severances) of the Planning Act, which were previously heard by the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB). For more information visit toronto.ca/tlab. I will be hosting an information session about the TLAB in the new year; details to follow on ward13.ca
- Planning FAQs
Development Newsletter (a hard copy newsletter I sent to the community in Spring 2014)
Playground and Park Revitalization
Ravina Gardens - Playground Improvements
The new playground opened in early 2017. The design included input from the community.
Ravina Gardens - Wading Pool Improvements
The City of Toronto is developing a design proposal for park improvements to the Ravina Gardens Wading Pool.
Kennedy Margdon Park Master Plan
I have been working extensively with local residents and Parks staff since November 2016 on bringing about improvements to Kennedy Margdon Park.
Lithuania Park Playground Revitalization
On October 5, 2017, Parks, Forestry and Recreation held a public consultation to learn more about proposed Playground and Waterplay improvements for Lithuania Park.